Tuesday, April 29, 2008

How many social networks?

Since the volcanic eruption of the online social networking..........i have registered on oh so many of the sites/ networks/ read a lot of blogs/ keep myself updated. Do all the good things for my internet sourcing skills. I mostly come across other recruiters/ sourcers/ small business owners who are trying to sell their stuff.

How many candidates actually register on these sites? How many have the time to do what I am paid to do? I always wonder. In my social circle..... I mean not people online, but people that I meet face to face & have real life interaction with........ like Project Managers, Developers, Analysts, Engineers etc....... they say that they dont interact as much online. The so called "passive candidates" do not register on anything, rather dont have the time.... between their work, family, gym, & other activities.....

How do we keep up with all this activity? It comes down to prioritizing your networking sources, metrics.... which resources provide you the best talent. I am signing off now.. will continue this laterz......................cheers & thanks for stopping by.

No comments: